Saturday, December 29, 2012

A BRAND NEW ME



A new "ME" is emerging.
I’ve been working on me for a while now.  I’m NOT who I was before.  You will find that I’m very different – certainly not the girl you knew a while ago.  I had to go searching for the soul I lost.  I had to get my strength and heart back – God knows it’s worth it, no matter the cost.  I finally found the one thing I needed to be free.  I found the “ME” I was always supposed to be.

Lord knows this journey wasn’t easy and it took a long time to arrive here.  It took a brave girl to fight through all her excuses, lies and pain to make her destiny clear. 

So, look closely if you must, but I promise you, you will not see the girl you once did standing here.  The innocence is gone.  I talk louder, I speak stronger, I walk with purpose and poise.  The new “ME” won’t let you walk away when you’re wrong; with my heart in your hands.   You can beg, scream and cry if you want - but I'm done with all that noise.

I’m finally free.  Free to be just me.  I found the reason of why I was meant to be.  This emancipation isn’t for you in any way.  So I don’t need your “I’m Sorry’s” or your “I’m So Proud Of You’s” Because I’m just not interested in anything you have to say.  I may have believed that I needed your approval or opinion in the past – but that was the old me.  The new me knows better and cares less; so don’t waste your breath. 

This me is young, vibrant, brave and free – and knows that I’m perfect just being me.

{ This blog was inspired by Alicia Keys.  Her new song is my strength to continue my road to freedom.  Thank you, Alicia, for writing the national anthem to my journey}
 

 

1 comment: