Monday, February 11, 2013

A Mother's Valentine





A Mother approached me today to write a little birthday poem for her daughter, who was born on Valentine's Day.  So, I did and thought that I would share it with all of you today.

To all those who are celebrating this day, all the best!  A special "Happy Birthday to Alysia" for whom this poem was especially written:



To My Dearest Daughter:


I will never truly understand


The blessing that came to be


That God would create such a wonderful daughter


And sent her to be with me.
 



Your beauty, kindness and grace


Always leaves me in such “awe” of you.


I am so proud of the woman you’ve become,


You really are a Mom’s dream come true

 


Oh how I must be loved and cherished by God above


To know that he made you just for me.


With loving hands, so perfectly


The joy you bring me, everyone can see.

 


You are a shining light in my life


My heart and soul are yours forever.


Loved is something you will always be


And no matter what happens in this life,


Know that you will always have me.



No comments:

Post a Comment