Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back to Basics


It's amazing to me that when you stop for a second and actually take a look around you can see all the marvels of this world.  With all of the emotional turmoil I've been going through I forgot about what a  remarkable thing life truly is. 

As mentioned in my previous post, I have been doing a lot of "emotional cleaning" and have made some room now for new things to begin. 

This week I began a new eating regime as well.  It's by no means a diet nor is it depriving myself of certain things over others.  I just somehow felt the need to begin eating cleaner.  Eating more organically and pure.  My body (along with my mind) has suffered from neglect for years and it's time to pay homage to its beautiful splendor.  I began seeing a nutritionist a few months back and although the progress was visible it wasn't felt, so I stopped.  It was sad to watch all my hard work be for not over the last while.  So I've decided to try something I have never done before and that's building something just for me, that works..just for me.  It's only been a week but I truly feel a bit better and a little different already.  I haven't incorporated any "big changes" or body shocks to my system.  Just some good old fashion logic and getting myself "back to basics".

I've also began meditating again.  Something I discovered years and years ago that always made me feel wonderful.  It came to my life during a time of much distress and turmoil, and was very grateful for its power.
It was another example that in the middle of complete chaos came a gift of solace and peace.  A gift that dare I didn't look closely enough to see, would have been missed altogether.  So I have decided to bring it back into my everyday life and thus far, it's made a difference.

As human beings we forget that.  We allow ourselves to remain in a funk when life becomes unbearable.  We dwell on the defeat of situations, rather than looking for the lessons we are to take from them.  Thankfully for me, this time around I am allowing things to be seen for what they are.  I'm allowing myself to feel every emotion (good or bad) and be done with it.  However, I am also looking for the meaning of things in the simplest of ways.  I'm accepting life as it is being delivered to me for now and allowing it to show me that there are still colours in my future-far beyond the gloomy black and grey shades of today.  To trust and believe in both myself and the universe that they will unfold accordingly in due time.

So the building blocks to rebuilding my life have arrived.  Now all I have to do is pick them up, one by one create once again.  Dare I say aloud that I'm actually beginning to get excited about what is to come? Yes, it is true.  I am beginning to see that when you look at life closely you truly cannot deny what a wonderful thing it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment