Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy



Today being Father's Day, I decided to "re-post" an old writing piece from my archive pile, for the world's greatest person alive-my Dad!

Words cannot possibly begin to describe all this man is, but perhaps after reading this, you will have some sort of an idea.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy..


Daddy,
Did I ever say thank you for the way you loved me so much since the first moment you ever laid eyes on me?
Did I ever say thank you for the promise you made to God – that he should never allow anything to ever happen to me? If harm must come, to bestow the evil upon you instead and always protect me?

Did I ever say thank you for always giving your life, your heart and your soul to protect and watch over me for all time?

Did I ever say thank you for all those sleepless nights you spend holding me in your arms because I was too lonely to sleep in the crib all alone in the dark?

Did I ever say thank you for all the toys you mended, that I broke time and time again?

For all the games we played, outings to the park, picnics at the Island and endless summer days at the cottage?

Did I ever say thank you for all the times you tried to cheer me up when I was sad? For all the times you spent  on your knees- wiping the tears of my shattered dreams?

Did I ever say thank you for never allowing your love for me to alter, diminish or change during those times when I said I hated you, wanted to abandon you or called you the worst Daddy ever – simply because you were doing what was best?

Did I ever say thank you for all the sacrifices you made, so that I could follow my dreams and interests, which seemed to change every other second?


Did I ever say thank you for working so hard to always provide for us, even during those days of solace bitter winter cold and the blistering heat of the summer’s sun? Just so I could have anything and everything my heart desired?


Did I ever say thank you for never losing faith in the little girl who was born to you, the Lady I tried so quickly to hurry up to be and the Woman I try so very hard every day to make you proud of?

Did I ever say thank you for carrying me through all those journeys in this life when I truly had no strength to carry myself? For all those times you shook me back to sense when all I wanted to leave this world of darkness and pain?
Did I ever say thank you for believing in me when all the odds seemed to be stacked against me? Never allowing, Man, God or Beast to ever take your daughter’s heart, soul or blood because it has always and will forever be yours?
Today, I just wanted to tell you how much I adore the Man you are everyday, the Father you have always been and continued to be? You are my light… my heartbeat…. my life and I… will forever be your little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment