Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Dedication To All Lost Loves


In a dream I loved you, but it was in a heartbeat that you were gone.
Never, has there been a man who's ever loved me more
Or one who has ever done me so wrong.

In a dream you promised me the world
And my heart would always have a home
But all you've done is destroyed my faith in us
Because you went and left me all alone.

You said our love would always stand the test of time
And weather any storm with ease
But now that very love is dying
Battling life's disease.

I wanted to believe that all you said was true
More than you will ever know.
I never thought I'd ever hear you utter those words to me
That our time has ended and that you had to go.

I will never question my faith or love for you
Because I know what I felt was real
I will never regret allowing you a place within my heart
Even though I fear the hurt will never heal

I see you now walking in the streets
And all I want to do is make you turn around and look at me
To ask you what I've got to do to make my life mean more to you
Instead I watch you pass by as I hide in pain
Making sure I remember every last detail about you
In case I never see you again.

In a dream I loved you, but it was in a heartbeat that you were gone.
Never, has there been a man who's ever loved me more
Or one who has ever done me so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment