Wednesday, December 29, 2010

LETTING YOU IN


Sometimes we must let others in.  Sharing yourself with the world is never a bad thing!

 As promised some time ago, I agreed that every now and again, I would reveal more about who I am as a person.  I would like to say right off that I am utterly flattered with all the mail that I get from all of you.  It's incredibly overwhelming (in the best of ways)  To say that I ever thought I'd be receiving an abundance of letters/emails and comments regarding interest in myself or my writing would be an outright lie.  I humbly thank you all for all your love and support throughout this year and hope that 2011 will bring us closer together.

I've decided to write this second "Intimate and Interactive with the Writer" piece a little differently.  Most of you who have written, asking to know more about me, have made it clear that you would like "your questions" answered.  So I've decided to oblige.  For this session, I've decided to take a few of the more "popular questions" you all had and answer them accordingly.  Keep in mind that I cannot answer all today, but will in sessions to come.  Here we go:

What are my thoughts on Astrology?  Well, I must admit that I believe there is truth to it.  It may not always be "bang on" every time for all, but I cannot deny that things have come to pass as predicted quite often.  Anything can be given hope/power if we allow it.  That's something I have always held true to.  So yes, it may be a silly thing to read your Horoscope each day to some, but if it makes you smile/feel good I say why not!  We all need a little direction every now and again.  If anything it brings hope or alertness to your day.  I'm a Sagittarian according to Astrological beliefs, and can say that my nature is extremely similar to what they describe my personality to be like.  So there you have it!

What kind of music influences my writing?  For the moment I would have to say:  Jazz.  There is something about the rhythms of:  Chris Botti, Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Ella Fitzgerald (to name a small few) that just make me want to create!  Yet there are other creative minds like: Eminem, Erykah Badu, Justin Nozuka, India Arie, Amel Larrieux and Musiq Soulchild (to name a few) that are equally inspirational for me.  More often than not, there is always music playing in the background as I write.  It soothes me.

What kind of books do I read?  I am all over the map when it comes to reading.  I love it so much!  I try to experience a bit of everything whenever I can.  Like my music, I go through different phases in my life where I completely engulf myself in one area and next month will be in love something entirely different.  Nevertheless, here are some favourites:  Margret Atwood, Shakespeare, Susan Johnson, Ken Follet, Arthur Miller, J.D. Salinger, Jack Canfield, Anthony Robbins, Oscar Wilde, John Grisham, Dan Brown and Khaled Hosseini.


What is my favourite movie of all time?  There are two actually.  Gone with the Wind and Meet Joe Black.  I'm completely enthralled with "old Victorian Day" epic films; as well as movies that have any true meaning of life behind them.  I like to "learn lessons" whenever I read or watch something.  So I seldom do either if it will not give me that.  Therefore, it can be said that I rarely watch television.  I don't feel as though there is anything on worth watching these days!

Am I addicted to anything?  Yes, sadly I am. Food and Love.  Both share a very powerful presence in my world.  The two have governed most of my life and I must confess that it bothers me to have to admit that.  Nevertheless, it is true.  I am not ashamed of who I am in any way.  It is a constant battle/struggle for me to keep them both at a normal/positive distance from my life.  I have allowed them both to make wrongful decisions for me.  Decisions that I have not always been proud of.  At the best of times it's brought me some form of happiness, but at the worst of times it's allowed me to settle and remain in toxic situations for too long.  Too much of anything is never good.  That's what my Grandmother used to say.  Too much of anything will surely kill you, and I think she may be right!

I believe I shall stop here for today.

Before ending I would like to comment on two things briefly:  I want you all to know that I truly enjoy all of your comments (both here on the blog and those I receive from you by email) It means a lot that you all come here each day and share my life with me.  I know I haven't been writing as often lately, but I promise to do some more regularly in 2011.  With that being said, I can appreciate that the topics discussed here can and do fuel debates and conversations between us all.  All I ask is that you be respectful of me and one another while doing so.  Allow everyone their own suggestions and opinions.  I promise I will try not to be hurt by any of them.  I do not have an Editor or Moderator for my page and do not wish to go that route ever!  The intention of this page is to share freely all it is I feel.  To bring you all along on the journey and adventures that I call "my life".  There will be days where I will not be "grammatically or politically correct" in my pieces and so be it.  My writing has always been and will remain what it is - naked!

Finally, to my "newest dear friend" Red:  Congratulations on your new blog page.  I'm so proud of you.  I'm glad I could be your muse.  I'm utterly flattered!  I encourage you all to visit and join her page. 
http://www.diaryofmypersonaltruths.blogspot.com/

Thank you to all those of you who have taken an interest in this Lady.  I truly hope I never disappoint you!

No comments:

Post a Comment