Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Naming Your Parts


After a truly comical conversation I had with friends recently, I felt the need to explore it further with all of you. So here it is:


Do most men and women name their sexual body parts and if so, why?

After much discussion on the topic with friends and colleagues around the water cooler, it seems that most people do this. Not only have they named their parts, but it gets reviewed after some time and can possibly change. In fact, it is very common for a man to change the name he gives his penis 5 times in a life time. Here I thought changing careers so much in a person’s life span was creative. 

So why do we do this exactly? Does it all stem from our egos or does it go much deeper than that?

When it comes to sexuality and matters of the heart, we as human beings tend to personalize their affections and “lay claim” to their territory – which may also equate to their partners as well. Psychologically there are many different underlying reasons as to why we do such things.

Being a woman, I can only comment on my own experiences on the subject. In the past if I have ever “nick-named” my sexual body parts it was done to be flirty and to feel sexy. I’ve done it because I have always personally hated the actual names given to these parts of the anatomy. It was all done in fun and mainly referred to with other woman. It wasn’t until my late 20’s that I ever told another man what my “fun name” was. During an intimate conversation, I actually said the name aloud-ever so nonchalantly. I immediately turned red and felt incredibly embarrassed that I had actually said it. However, the response was quite favourable and from that day on I referenced it more frequently with confidence. I believe that when a woman does this it’s done to be playful.

On the other side of the spectrum: A man will do it to illustrate power and masculinity. Some may possibly believe that it exudes dominance and ego. After some extensive conversation with men on the topic I can tell you that this is the case.

Most men will name their penis because they feel as though it is a separate entity and has a mind all its own. (How true that is) Clinically this can also be referred to as: A split mind disorder. The names which are sometimes used to describe the male body part seldom do make any kind of sense whatsoever. It will however, have everything to do with the height of their own egos coming through. For men it has gone beyond naming their penis. Today, men have names for almost every part of their anatomy that illustrates their manhood or physical power. They will also name their biceps, their thighs, calves, butt and lips as well. Again this is mainly done to illustrate power and to exude their sexuality.

Whatever your reasons may be, you are certainly not alone. Statistically it is said that 1 in 3 men and 1 in 10 women have done this in their lifetime.

To end on a comical note, here are some of the more common names each gender has used:

Commonly Used Nick Names (By Women) For The Female Vagina:
Vaggie
Flower
Blossom
Strawberry
Honey Suckle
Honey Hole
Hidden Treasure
Coochie
Cookie
Cha Cha
Bud

Commonly Used Nick Names (By Men) For The Male Penis:
Sergeant Sam
The German Solider
Magnificent 7
The Drill Bit
Dirty Harry
The Love Missal
Spud
The Rock
The Big Gun
Timmy
Mini Me
Mister Mister
The Love Arrow
Bullet
Triple P
Pistol Pete
The Situation ( Due to the Jersey Shore Hype)

1 comment:

  1. well you forgot one name...the one eyed monster.....I really never gave it a name but I do refer to it as buddy, I guess that's a name right? I would rather hear my significant other call it something, anything that is a turn on, just ask buddy.
    V.B

    ReplyDelete