Monday, May 2, 2011

O.B.L

Peace, at what cost exactly?  How many solders have to die, before we REALLY sit down and ask ourselves this question.


After much pursuit, it seems that the "almighty Osama bin Ladin" has fallen.  It is said that President Barack Obama ordered the U.S. Navy Seals to move in on him, in Pakistan, and kill.  An order in which brought death to one man, and praise for another.  I found the entire story rather unsettling on so many levels.

First of all, it seems rather ironic that the death of the most hated man in America (if not the world) comes at a time where a President is falling from grace in the eyes of his people.  Let's face it, with the roaring fuel prices at a record high and the fact that he has not been able to even out the slow "economic death" the Americans are experiencing - this Osama thing has restored faith.  Coincidence???

Secondly, I felt as though for the first time in a long time, I found myself quite ashamed of our race.  Now don't misunderstand me, I do not condone what this man stood for, nor do I want to feel compassion for a man who was "supposedly" responsible for 9/11.  Yet, I felt sad in many ways.  Not for him, but for us.  It truly made me sit back and really see just what this world has come to.

We are toasting/cheering and proud of the fact that we killed someone.  Alright, not a "model human being" by any means yet nevertheless, a human being just the same. 

Even Dick Cheney, former vice-president and "Obama bully"  went on record to say that the President of the United States of America finished the job that the formal President could not do.

Everyone is applauding, cheering and celebrating the death of someone,  A death that we made possible, by aiming a gun at a man's head and taking the shot.

What has this world of ours become? Will we ever find our way?
One of my dreams in this life is to bare children, but at times i feel as though perhaps it would be a blessing not to be a mother.  For how could I ever possibly be at peace, worrying about what kind of world I allowed my child to be born into.  What kind of person would allow their own flesh and blood to live in a world as mad as this one?  A world where we take joy in the death of others.  A world where we are afraid to just live in, for fear that ashes will fall from the highest buildings.  A world where leaders are congratulated and patted on the back for killing someone.

At times, it's not even a world I wish to be a part of, let alone voluntarily allow my child to be raised in.

What a wonderful world, that we are slowly killing - not to mention all those who live upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment