Friday, July 6, 2012

LIFE IS BUT...A JOURNEY



I have come to understand that life is merely a series of events, containing a number of different lessons within each one.  It's not about what you deserve but rather,  how much you can go through and learn about yourself (as well as those around you)  We are all here to gain as much knowledge as we can about who we are and what we're made of.  Good times and bad times all have their own examination points.  We are tested time and time again, sometimes without rest, to determine how well we can "roll with the punches" sort of speak.  After all, Darwin said it best:  "Life is merely a survival of the fittest" Those who survive- win. 

But, what do we win exactly?  This has been a question I've had all my life.  I think I speak for everyone when I say that our entire lives have been about survival.  We all have our journeys, stories and "punches" that we've had to roll with, time and time again.  I know that every time a new struggle surfaces in my life I become incredibly irritated because I feel as though I have JUST finished enduring the last one.  "No rest for the wicked" it seems.  Most times, I'm still utterly exhausted and tending to scars from my last battle, when BOOM! Here comes another.

Now don't get me wrong, although my life has been full of struggle, it has also been favoured with an abundance of blessings.  I am very grateful to have the opportunity to live my life on my terms each day.  I have incredible people who surround me on a daily basis, who give me never ending love, support and strength; to see me through all of the ugliness in this world.  They keep me focused on the beauty instead.  So, I must be doing something right.  Nevertheless, I just wish I could take an extended vacation from new struggles.  If only for a little while.

I have learned many lessons during my time here.  The latest one is this:  It is within those times that you truly feel you cannot go on is when you find the light and strength within yourself to do so.  There are days when I look back at all I've been through and think to myself:  "How on earth did I ever manage to get through all of that and still be happy, alive and well today?"  It's incredible how resilient our bodies, minds and souls can be. 

As I embark on a new journey at this time, I am filled with fear, reluctance and lack of will.  However, I know that I MUST walk through this dark valley, in order to feel the light upon my face once again.  But, it's a long and scary road ahead.  Will I make it?  seems to be the question I most ask myself.  Thankfully, "Yes, you will" seems to be the sweet song I hear in harmony from all those around me.  Then, there are those "non-believers" who conveniently stay by my side in evil excitement to watch my every tear fall and my every step fumble.  But that is just another component of this particular lesson.  You not only keep good company around, but envious ones as well.  For, I believe that it's the combined efforts of both within ones life that help you strive and reach for greatness!  It makes perfect sense, doesn't it?  Think about it.  You use the love and support of your "biggest fans" to raise you up when you want to fall or give up and the anger/determination of those consistently sticking fingers in your face (telling you that you're no good) to fuel your fire to the point of success.  It's brilliant.  Yes, this is second lesson I have learned, as of late. 

A very special thank you, from the bottom of my heart to those who truly inspire and demand greatness from me -in every moment of my life.  Your wisdom, support, strength and encouragement are the sole reason that I find the courage to "learn my lessons" on a daily basis.  An extra special thank you to all the "pretenders" in my life as well.  By pretenders I mean those who are not really in my corner, but say they are.  Those who are barely around for my successes, but are damn sure they always have centre stage for my failures.  Those who genuinely take pleasure in my struggles and losses.  I love you the most!  For it is because of you that I have all I could ever want and continuously keep me striving for more.

To all of you, who find yourself in the middle of a "life lesson" at the moment, I leave you with a few encouraging empowerment tools that get me through everything.  I hope you can take away power from it and let it fuel your life as well.  May peace, love and strength be with you-always!



No comments:

Post a Comment