Sunday, May 12, 2013

A DAUGHTER'S LOVE



More perfect than the Sun
More beautiful than a Rose
The love I have for you, only God could know.
For it is he and I that chose you to be my Mother
All those years ago.

You may not believe it
But I swear nothing could be more true
That of all the other women created to have children
No one was more perfect for the task than you.

You were the one I’d need in this life
To stand by my side and see me through
Because after all, anyone could be called a Mother
But to give of yourself unconditionally each day
Takes a selfless heart and the purest of souls
In a word, YOU!
 
I knew it when I first felt your touch
That I would never deserve a love so true
40 years later, I feel no different
You are still the one I cherish most and look up to

We have a special and unique bond
That no one could ever break
A love that has taken a life time to nurture
That no one could ever take.

You don’t always understand me
But you try so hard to
Always hiding the hurt and pain I cause you
Forever protecting your daughter like a suit of armour
Making it known to all living things
That you will destroy anyone, anything that will ever try to harm her

And  if I am given nothing else within this life
I am forever blessed
Because I was loved enough by a God
That he created a mother like you, just for me
A Mother who is without a doubt simply...THE BEST!

{ To all the Mother's out there:  Whether on earth or in heaven, we love you! }

~ Happy Mother's Day ~

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely poem Gia. I'm sure your Mom loved it! You are quite the talented young lady. Well done!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Incredible poem, Gia!!

    James

    ReplyDelete