Thursday, January 15, 2015

HEROS ARE ALL AROUND US

 I wanted to pay tribute to a really incredible person in my life, today.
It’s been a long time coming.  He’s a pretty humble individual.  Especially about the work he does with people, so I’m pretty sure it goes without saying that he’s going to be stunned to read this.  But, praises are long overdue and he deserves to be recognized.

The man I am referring to, is my Fitness Guru – Jimmy Triantafillou.

Jimmy and I have worked with each other for years, coming up with smart workout strategies.  Throughout my life, we have had MANY travels and each one of my journeys had different needs to adhere to.  He has been there through it all.   For anyone out there who has gone the route of getting a Personal Trainer, you know that it’s not an easy task.  It’s not just about having an individual devise a routine for you to follow.  It’s about having someone in your corner who truly cares about you.  Fitness expertise is great but when you combine that with someone who is personally  invested in you – that’s priceless!

I’m very proud to say that our families have known one another since childhood.  Jimmy and I used to run aerobic workout routines in his garage, since high school.  His Boot camp, was  my first and needless to say:  He kicked my ass all over the place.  He’s someone who has known all my struggles.  He’s been there for all the emotional pitfalls and physical roadblocks and has never once judged me or left my side.  Instead, he has been the one constant person in my life that has always said the infamous 4-words that everyone needs to hear when they’re down and out:  “YOU CAN DO THIS!”  

To say that Jimmy is just a Personal Trainer would be a huge understatement.  And to categorize him as one would be sad.  Aside from being a Fitness Expert, he is a Body-Building Competitor, a Wellness Motivator and a Family Man.  He is as humble and as genuine as they come.  He’s not just a guy you simply walk into a gym with.  He’s a man who invests his time, energy and effort into making sure that you are getting everything you need.  I’ve learned the hard way that getting into ideal physical shape is much more than just running on a treadmill or pumping iron.  It’s a state of mind, body AND soul.  Jimmy is a great investment in ALL THREE.   I mean how many Trainers do you know send inspirational/motivational quotes to their clients via text, at 5 a.m. – just because they’ve had a bad day and need some uplifting words of encouragement?  None that I’ve known – except Jimmy.  We’ve had countless discussions at 4 am just because I really didn’t feel like getting out of bed and facing my personal/physical demons that day.  He wouldn’t allow it!

Battling an eating disorder is not an easy thing.  The stigma of its depression and anxiety, not what anyone can phantom unless you are experiencing it firsthand.   People judge you.  Ridicule you.  Make you believe that it’s all in your own mind.  That you should just be stronger and snap out of it.  To all those people, I have a few choice words and hand gestures that I’m not ashamed to use but, this is not the time or place.  I shall leave that kind of racism by saying only this:  Society is ignorant.  First you create the disorders and then you criticize them.  How convenient.  First, live in the glass house and then cast stones.  

Thankfully, I have an incredible team of people working my journey with me.  Not to mention, an amazing family/friend and fan base that are right there, to  keep me going, when my fire is burning low.  Jimmy is one of them.

“Jimmy, I will never be able to repay you for all that you have done and continue to do for me.  Even my silly words could never truly do you justice.  Always know, that I appreciate you in every way.  Thank you for being such a dear friend all these years, and treating me like family – always!
I will never forget you and how you’ve “shaped” me.  From the bottom of my heart, I love you to pieces, brother! “

I wanted to pay tribute to a really incredible person in my life, today.
It’s been a long time coming.  He’s a pretty humble individual.  Especially about the work he does with people, so I’m pretty sure it goes without saying that he’s going to be stunned to read this.  But, praises are long overdue and he deserves to be recognized.

The man I am referring to, is my Fitness Guru – Jimmy Triantafillou.

Jimmy and I have worked with each other for years, coming up with smart workout strategies.  Throughout my life, we have had MANY travels and each one of my journeys had different needs to adhere to.  He has been there through it all.   For anyone out there who has gone the route of getting a Personal Trainer, you know that it’s not an easy task.  It’s not just about having an individual devise a routine for you to follow.  It’s about having someone in your corner who truly cares about you.  Fitness expertise is great but when you combine that with someone who is personally  invested in you – that’s priceless!

I’m very proud to say that our families have known one another since childhood.  Jimmy and I used to run aerobic workout routines in his garage, since high school.  His Boot camp, was  my first and needless to say:  He kicked my ass all over the place.  He’s someone who has known all my struggles.  He’s been there for all the emotional pitfalls and physical roadblocks and has never once judged me or left my side.  Instead, he has been the one constant person in my life that has always said the infamous 4-words that everyone needs to hear when they’re down and out:  “YOU CAN DO THIS!” 

To say that Jimmy is just a Personal Trainer would be a huge understatement.  And to categorize him as one would be sad.  Aside from being a Fitness Expert, he is a Body-Building Competitor, a Wellness Motivator and a Family Man.  He is as humble and as genuine as they come.  He’s not just a guy you simply walk into a gym with.  He’s a man who invests his time, energy and effort into making sure that you are getting everything you need.  I’ve learned the hard way that getting into ideal physical shape is much more than just running on a treadmill or pumping iron.  It’s a state of mind, body AND soul.  Jimmy is a great investment in ALL THREE.   I mean how many Trainers do you know send inspirational/motivational quotes to their clients via text, at 5 a.m. – just because they’ve had a bad day and need some uplifting words of encouragement?  None that I’ve known – except Jimmy.  We’ve had countless discussions at 4 am just because I really didn’t feel like getting out of bed and facing my personal/physical demons that day.  He wouldn’t allow it!

Battling an eating disorder is not an easy thing.  The stigma of its depression and anxiety, not what anyone can phantom unless you are experiencing it firsthand.   People judge you.  Ridicule you.  Make you believe that it’s all in your own mind.  That you should just be stronger and snap out of it.  To all those people, I have a few choice words and hand gestures that I’m not ashamed to use but, this is not the time or place.  I shall leave that kind of racism by saying only this:  Society is ignorant.  First you create the disorders and then you criticize them.  How convenient.  First, live in the glass house and then cast stones. 

Thankfully, I have an incredible team of people working my journey with me.  Not to mention, an amazing family/friend and fan base that are right there, to  keep me going, when my fire is burning low.  Jimmy is one of them.

“Jimmy, I will never be able to repay you for all that you have done and continue to do for me.  Even my silly words could never truly do you justice.  Always know, that I appreciate you in every way.  Thank you for being such a dear friend all these years, and treating me like family – always!
I will never forget you and how you’ve “shaped” me.  From the bottom of my heart, I love you to pieces, brother! “

 

No comments:

Post a Comment