Monday, May 10, 2010

Ode To My Mother

Dear Mom,

I would never have imagined that my life would come to be all that it has been. At times I feel so incredibly fortunate and other times I feel as though I have been left behind - never truly knowing where my place is within this life. But the one thing I always feel, no matter the circumstances is blessed.

I am blessed because of your love for me. A love that you have nurtured and I have watched grow all the days of my life. There have been times when I have been anything but deserving of it and yet in those times you gave more than ever.

You have always been the one to push me to be all I have ever wanted to be. Without you my dreams would never be fulfilled.... my well of promise always dry. You never allow me to lay down and die, where at times that is truly all I ever wanted to do.
You have always refused life's punishments set upon me and made it known to me, God and the Universe that my fate has been and always will be ONLY UP TO ME... no matter how hard the journey is ahead.
You taught me that no one can or will ever own the definition of who I am.... because only I am the owner of my heart!!! You have always asked for nothing but the best of me and it is because of that I have always wanted better for myself in turn.

Today I tell you and the world that I love you more than my silly words could ever possibly put into meaning. Yet nevertheless you love them all the same. Always know that I am who I am.....because you made me!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

~ Love Always

Your Daughter ~

No comments:

Post a Comment