Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Love In Vain


I wonder what it is you see when you look into my eyes.
Do you believe that it is fate that brought you here
Or is the reason for your presence masked in disguise

Do you believe me when I tell you that everything is fine
When I turn away from you, claiming that the tears you see are caused by the wind and not your words
Tell me, am I being unkind

Is it fair that I feel as though you can live without me
Easily and freely without care or pain
That our love story is merely a hoax
A play acted out by two people too afraid to speak the truth
Fearful of uttering aloud that maybe we just weren't meant to be

At times I am filled with such emptiness and all I wish for is happiness
I have so much love for you, but something holds my heart back
Because of all those times of showing you without reaction has left me anxious

I really wanted you to be the one to re-write my love song
One that doesn't end in heartache and tears
The truth is I do believe you are him, but it's taking too long for you to walk the line
But still my soul screams for me to wait and keep strong

I wish I knew what to do To make my life mean more to you
For I can only be who I am, and that is me
All you are is all I ever wanted
So why is this so hard for you to see

No comments:

Post a Comment