Monday, June 14, 2010

Remembering Michael..


It's almost been a year since his death.


This is my tribute to the most incredible man of our time. The Legend, The Icon, The Individual, The Man.... MICHAEL JACKSON!


Sadly on June 25,2009 the world lost an incredible human being. His vibe, music and loving nature will never be duplicated within our life time again. Many attempt to, but there will truly NEVER be another you Michael. Now you are free from all the prejudices in this world. I am truly sorry that some failed to see your purity, but I believe that those trials truly showed the world exactly what you were made of: Strength, style, grace, love and individualism. I adored all that you were and am honored to have shared this world with you. You have touched me in more ways than you shall ever know. I intend to treasure your legacy by being a caring, loving and giving human being just like you. You are the reason I fell in love with music and writing and the need to help others. You have always inspired my creativity in these areas, therefore today I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you were to me. You truly were and will always remain: My mentor, My hero, My friend. R.I.P. Dearest Michael..


As I write this, something occured to me. Could there in fact be individuals out there who don't know who this magnificent man was? My inner voice screams: "IMPOSSIBLE" Yet, this may actually be so. Therefore, if you are reading this and fall into this category of man/woman than enjoy the little "synopsis of Michael Jackson" below. Compliments of Wikipiedia. Michael Joseph Jackson was born on August 28, 1958, in Gary Indiana, USA. He was the seventh child of the Jackson Family.


He made his debut onto the professional music scene at the age of 11 as a member of The Jackson 5 in 1969, and later began a solo career in 1971 while still a member of the group. Referred to as the "King of Pop"[2] in subsequent years, his 1982 album Thriller remains the world's best-selling record of all time[3] and four of his other solo studio albums are among the world's best-selling records: Off the Wall (1979), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and History (1995).


With stage performances and music videos, Jackson popularized a number of physically complicated dance techniques, such as the robot and the moonwalk. His distinctive musical sound and vocal style influenced many hip hop, pop and contemporary R&B artists.


Jackson donated and raised millions of dollars for beneficial causes through his foundations, charity singles, and support of 39 charities.


One of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, his other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records—including one for "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time"—13 Grammy Awards, 13 number one singles in his solo career, and the sale of 750 million records worldwide.[4] Jackson's highly publicized personal life, coupled with his successful career, made him a part of popular culture for almost four decades. Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, aged 50.[5] The specific cause of death has yet to be determined.[2] Before his death, Jackson had announced a 50-date sell-out This Is It comeback tour, in London, UK.


Let us always celebrate the magnificent: Singer, songwriter, record producer, arranger, dancer, choreographer, actor, author, businessman, financier, philanthropist that was: THE ONE...THE ONLY... MICHAEL JACKSON

No comments:

Post a Comment