Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Birthday Wish From Me...To Me

HAPPY 37TH BIRTHDAY GIA GIRL!!
Today is my birthday and I am blessed that God has allowed me 37 glorious years to be alive.


I have never been one to cry over numbers or wish my day away as “just another ordinary one” in all my life. I never really understood why people do that anyway. How can anyone see the day they were born as “just another day”? It’s anything but that in my books. Whether your life is not as you pictured it or if it’s been one downward spiral after another, this is still “YOUR LIFE” and each birthday is a reflection of that fact.
It’s the day when God granted the world the sheer gift of having you within it. A divinely perfect creation; born into an exceptional resemblance of existence.

When I awoke this morning I felt a new zest of freedom. Do I feel it every year? No, not really. However, today’s initial “birthday feeling” was different in some way. It’s been a really tough year for me in so many ways, yet I am truly hopeful for the future-my future. My best friend wrote me a beautiful little message today and in the midst of it, these beautiful words came out to greet my twinkling eyes: “You deserve to be happy” My first reaction was: “Damn right I do” and I intend to see to it personally this year. It hasn’t been
my most happiest of years, but the next one will. This is my birthday wish for myself – to make myself happy. It’s not to mean that I had a completely miserable year –no, not at all. However, I just don’t believe that I paid much attention to myself or my inner voice in the way I should have. I’m always the person who does for others and if there is any time or energy left perhaps I will muster up the effort to do for me – last. Your happiness is always more important than mine. That is just the way I’ve been designed by my creator. However, this year I want to spend a little more time on "moi".

Today, I wanted to thank God for all my blessings and all my fortunes. I am a truly lucky individual to have all that I do within this life. I have a wonderful family and the very best of friendships that anyone could ever dream of. I have a fulfilling career and an aspiring one – thanks to all of you. I have a really positive outlook on life and honestly believe that all my dreams can come true. Most importantly, I am renewing my health each and every day. That gift in itself is priceless. For what is anything in this life if you don’t have that? Nothing at all!

So thank you to God for creating such vibrancy inside of this simple girl. Thank you for always illustrating that love truly can conquer all in a world that’s sometimes painted ugly. Thank you for never giving up on the person I can be, even when I don’t think she’s much at all. Thank you for giving me the strength to go after my dreams no matter what the odds and allowing me the courage to accept the things I cannot change. Thank you for allowing me the vision to believe in myself. Most of all, thank you for making me see what I was meant to do on this earth. Thank you for granting me this gift of words to share and express with all those who will listen. To know that they can touch and comfort others in some small way is truly remarkable to me. That is all I have ever wanted to do – help others in any way that I can. So God, use me up until I am all used up!

A special “Happy Birthday Wish” to two wonderful ladies with whom I share this day with: Angie & Daniela . I am so thrilled to be sharing this wonderful day with you both. Thank you for always being there for me and showing me what strength truly is, in every way. So a toast to the three of us! May this truly be “our year to shine in every way” All my love forever! Happy, Happy Birthday to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment